Monday, April 5, 2010

We are HOME!

I am such a slacker. I just cant seem to get up the energy to get on here and post. After 15 days in the PICU with a virus that is like RSV, Brynlee and I are home!It was a long scary one this time. Thankfully she was only intubated for a few days. Brynlee has this little panic thing that she does now when someone else is doing her treatments. She even does it to me sometimes. She starts hyperventilating which closes off her throat, her sats then drop with lightning speed. The lowest O2 we saw was 30. Even though her lung was collapsing I am certain that this had a little bit to do with her intubation. They were doing a treatment on her when I had gone to lunch. Anyways her throat closes and doesn't let any air into her lungs. She starts turning blue and gets very lifeless. We have to put her Bi-pap back on, crank up the O2 and shift her neck so that she cant close it off. When she can't fight it anymore her O2 starts to climb again. They started giving her drugs for a while there during her treatments for her anxiety. She started telling all the RT's that mom was going to do her treatments.

They put a pic line in after I kept getting on them about taking so much of her blood. I can't believe how much blood they think they need everyday for stuff that is not going to change her treatments anyways. I told them that she was already on antibiotics and to stop taking so much. She is now Iron deficient, HUH, WONDER WHY?!! The Pic was great for us because it wasn't in to long and she didn't have to get anymore pokes. Her IV's kept going bad anyways. Her veins are so small.

I had a hard time this visit because it took three docs to do everything. It took 3 to intubate and 3 to place the NJ(feeding tube through her nose). Apparently my little ones anatomy is a little out of place. Her stomach had stopped working the way it was supposed to and she wasn't digesting anything which is why she needed an NJ even though she has a g-tube.


After many nights of sleeping on an uncomfortable chair while 6 and a half months pregnant we got home on Saturday. We got to have our princess home for Easter and she loved decorating her eggs. I am still doing her treatments every 4 hours during the day and every 5 at night. I am loving the fact that we got her a big ol queen size bed. Now I just sleep right next to her when she is sick and Mark comes and wakes us up when its time for her treatments.

10 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so glad she's home...I'm sure she's happy to be there as much as you are to have her back! We, too, are getting Nicholas a new bed for his birthday next month, so I can lay next to him too when he's not feeling well. I hope your pregnancy is going well. Do you know the baby's gender yet? When are you due? Nicholas is sending big hungs and kisses to Brynlee!

Devon said...

(Ok, I feel like a total idiot). First of all, I didn't even know you guys were in the hospital--I'm glad you're out! And secondly, I had no idea you were pregnant! CONGRATS!!!

Melodie said...

smart move w/ the queen size bed-i wish we had room for that, i'm crammed in the corner b/t their 2 beds LOL!
it was good to chat w/ ya tonight, i am so so thankful that your sweet little Brynlee is home safe and sound. I was very worried about her, you are amazing-doing rx's round the clock while you are probably exhausted from being preggers. ((HUGS))XOXO

Whit, Lindsey, Jonas, and Maggie said...

I am so glad to hear from you!! Whit mentioned that he heard Brynlee's name over the intercom at Primary's. Probably when she was having her panic moment. We've been worried, but are so relieved to know you are home and on the mend. Keep us posted!

Rebecah Ogden said...

i'm glad you guys are home. get better brynlee

Cher said...

I didn't even know you guys were in the hospital! I am so glad she is home and doing well. You are such a good mom and you are so tough, being pregnant and taking such good care of Brynlee. Hope she continues to recover so you can all get some more sleep. Hugs to you all.

haviano said...

I am so glad you guys are home and that Brynlee is feeling better!!! I can't even imagine how tired you must be!!! When she starts feeling better we need to go see those animals!! Hope you are feeling ok too!!!
xoxo
Heather

Maria B. said...

Hello! Glad that you've been home for a while now and that Brynlee celebrated Easter at home. Just stopped by to check on her. Take care!

foxy said...

Hi Tarla -
I "met" you almost 9 months ago on the FC forum. I never actually posted there, but was a regular lurker. I read your blog then and have been back a few times since. I recently started my own blog and it has been so wonderful. I just wanted to say hi, and tell you I think about you and your beautiful family. You must be so excited for your newest addition! Take care - Foxy
http://foxypopcorn.blogspot.com/

Heart Mommy said...

First of all let's talk about what a darling name you chose for your little girlie. Since I happen to be a Brynn Leigh I love it. Second I think I was your instructor. Third holy cow let's do a Hope Kids event sometime and say hey. Best wishes on every little thing.