Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sooooo long!

So here it is almost a year after my last post. So much has happened that I don't even know where to begin. I guess I will let the people who are not my facebook friends know that we had our baby girl. Nakota Myckell was born on July 2nd, weighing 7 pounds 11 ounces. After a little deliberation we have decided to let you all know that we used a sperm donor to get pregnant with her. They now test donors for SMA, so that is how we knew she wouldn't be affected. It is the best decision we have ever made. The reason we are telling the world this is to let SMA families know there are other alternatives. We love our little girl to pieces and there is nothing we wouldn't do for her. She is one million percent ours! We are an open book, if there are any SMA families out there who would like more info on how we got to where we are today, I would love to help.

Brynlee is doing amazing! The stuff that comes out of her mouth is hilarious. She keeps me laughing everyday. I'm not going to lie though, this three year old business is hard. She wants to do everything herself, lol! She has not made any significant change in function and her scoliosis hasn't changed in a year. We haven't had any hospital stays since April and hope to keep it that way. We just had pictures done by our friend Pete so I thought I would post them. I promise I am going to start posting more often!










.

10 comments:

~Carolyn Beth said...

Tara I just want you to know that I admire your strength and courage. Your girls are so darling!

Lora said...

Your girls are precious. I think it's awesome that you chose that path. It was never something me and my hubby had to face as my first child, Ryan, who has SMA, has a different biological father. I became a mommy at just 19 to him and got the SMA diagnosis when he was just 11 months. You are doing a great job with Brynlee. She looks great! Keep up the good work!

Jessica said...

Yay for new posts! I missed them! Love the new photos of your beautiful girls. Good for you being so open and honest...other families will defintely appreciate it!!!

Sky said...

oh the girls are so cute!!!! Im so happy to see you updated!!!!

Ashley said...

SO glad you are back posting!!! I have missed your blog updates!! Thank you for putting out there how you got pregnant. Having another little one is never far from my mind and I love hearing how others have gone about it!! Love the pictures! Both girls are getting SO big!!!

Sapna said...

I'm with the others. So glad to see a post. I've been wondering how you all were doing. I know how hard it is to post with Baby #2. I am doing some updating this weekend to tell all about our SMA-free baby too! Your babies are adorable. Congratulations and we hope to see more pictures from you soon!

Junior said...

the girls are beautiful, so happy to see an update

Matt and Shanna Baird said...

These pictures are sooooo cute! Your girls are so adorable! Thanks for the Christmas card!

foxy said...

Hi Tara,

First of all I want to wish you the biggest congratulations on the arrival of your new little one. She is so beautiful. I do think about you often, check your site every so often for an update, and am so glad to see these amazing pictures of your girls - it really warms my heart.

Thank you also for being so open about the choices you made to grow your family. It really gives me strength that we too can be honest about our own struggles and the choices that we have made along the way.

Wishing you a 2011 that is happy and healthy. Much love to you and your whole family,
-Foxy

Rebecah Ogden said...

yay you're back :) i guess you spoke too soon on the hospitalization thing :)