Saturday, January 15, 2011

Intubated again!

Brynlee woke up this morning not doing well at all. We called 911 and took her to primary's. I stayed home so I could feed Nakota before we got up there. I thought she would be intubated by the time I got up there but when i got there she was doing much better. They did a chest x-Ray and saw that she has pneumonia in her right lung. They started antibiotics and sent us up too picu. We decided Mark would stay the night with her because Kota has to nurse and doesn't take a bottle and they won't let her in the picu. So I headed home to get marks overnight things and to feed Nakota. While I was feeding her, Mark called and said that when I left Brynlee started working really hard to breath and that they were going to intubate her. They called the special doc in because she has a difficult airway. Thankfully he got it the first time this time. I headed back up there and got to see her before we got kicked out for shift change. I hate seeing her that way! It breaks my heart, she is like a totally different kid on life support. I hope and pray this is our only intubation this year! This is just sooooo hard on her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this. Our thoughts are with you. Hopefully, she will get through it like a champ. {{{hugs}}}

Devon said...

Oh no!! Praying for a swift recovery...I know it is hard to see her like that. Poor girl!!

Tara said...

I'm sorry little friend! Get better quick!!!