Thursday, June 9, 2011

Brynlee's Obituary

Brynlee Belle Liston



"Our Little Princess"
August 29, 2007 ~ June 06, 2011
Brynlee Belle Liston passed away peacefully surrounded by her loving parents and aunt on June 06, 2011.

Brynlee was born on August 29, 2007. At 5 months old she was diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy and her valiant fight began. Though her time here was short, Brynlee forever changed the life of anyone she met. Her intelligent eyes and sweet smile would melt the hearts of those around her.

Although Brynlee's illness made her appear frail, she possessed an incredible strength of will, perseverance, and the ability to overcome incredible odds and challenges.

Some of her favorite things were playing with her baby sister Nakota, watching Spongebob with her Daddy, snuggling for hours with her Mama, and of course Cinderella. She recently got to have her first sleepover with her Aunt Tasha and her cousin Mia and she had the best time ever doing the things that other little girls get to do.

With Brynlee's passing, we are reminded that her life is one to be celebrated. The simple joys that she took in every moment and the laughter that she met life with are lessons that we can all thank her for. Although she will be missed each and every day, we will forever hold her in our hearts and remember the pleasures she found in life around her.

Brynlee leaves behind many amazing caregivers. Her wonderful pediatrician Dr. Tanya Jackson, her loving and very special Nurse Robyn, so many home care therapists and caring staff at Primary Children's Hospital, all treated her with an amazing respect, love and support that greatly enhanced her quality of life.

There is a special place in our hearts for Dr. Kathy Swoboda; because of her continued dedication, love and support Brynlee was able to beat some of her toughest medical challenges. Although a cure was not to be found in time for our Angel, we know that through the dedication of the medical community a cure for Spinal Muscular Atrophy will be found.

Brynlee is lovingly survived by her parents, Mark and Tara Liston, her baby sister Nakota, her grandparents, aunts and uncles, and her cousins. A private memorial celebration will be held for close friends and family.

12 comments:

Ryan.Kendra.Makenzie.Tracker said...

I am praying for you like crazy... Im so so sorry to hear about Brynlee. She is such a beautiful angel and I pray she is running, laughing and breathing in freedom. I said a little prayer asking my Makenzie to take extra care of her. I know she will stay close to you for a long while. If I can do anything. Even just someone to call and talk to. I am here every minute. My number is 801-913-3936. I love you all so much.

Emma said...

I was so sorry to hear about the passing of your sweet, precious little princess. Please know your family and friends and all those suffering are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you feel Brynlee's presence, her love wrapping you up when you need it most and I know your little Nakota will have the most amazing guardian angel with her each and every day. Love, hugs, prayers and strength, Emma

The Turner family said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I liked to check on your blog to see how she was doing.

She was a beautiful girl. I am certain she is just a beautiful angel watching over your family. She does not have any barriers or struggles now.

Megan

foxy said...

Oh Tara and Mark, I am so sorry to learn that your sweet girl lost her battle. Your strength and love as her parents have been such an inspiration to me and I know to so many others as well. Thank you for sharing your story, snapshots into the life of your beautiful daughter, your hope, with all of us. Sending you much love as peace as you grieve the loss of your dear Brynlee.

Whit, Lindsey, Jonas, and Maggie said...

Oh you guys I am so so sorry! When Whit told me what was going on that day, I was sick to my stomach for you. I just want you to know that we are thinking of you, sending our prayers toward you, and hope that you can feel some peace. I know Brynlee is happy and free of this horrible SMA, it's us who hurt so much missing her now. I am here if there is anything you need. Sorry I'm not a facebooker, but you can always email.
Love you all!!
lindseyray4@yahoo.com

Becki and Jeff said...

She has indeed persevered. What a strong and beautiful spirit Brynlee has. Even thought she has returned home to Heavenly Father, I take comfort knowing she will live again.

Rebecah Ogden said...

My heart aches for you guys. We love brynlee so much. If it wasn't for Brynlee you never would have been in our lives we are forever grateful for that. We love you guys!

The Johnson Crew said...

I am so sorry to hear of Brynlee's passing. What a beautiful angel! I wish there were perfect words to say to take away your pain. Even when you know they are free and happily in heaven the heartache is still real.
Your family is in our prayers.

Much love
The Johnson's

Michele White said...

Our hearts are with you. It is so hard to see your little one pass. The White's

bibc said...

i wish things were different and you were able to keep your adorable daughter here on earth. i just know she is near to you even still.
maybe she is playing with my little babes who were born too soon on june 8, 2011. that would make me so proud.
im so sorry, for all you had to go through, but i know without the pain and the bad times you would never know the love and the happiness you felt from having your daughter.
thinking of you tonight.
xoxo
lis

Tony Liston said...

I can not imagine what you have been through, but it is clear that while she may have been God's blessing to you, you were certainly God's blessing to her and to parents everywhere.

Thank you. God bless you!

Ms D said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Your daughter was beautiful and now you have her watching over you all. HUGS.